Wednesday, April 20, 2011

gorgeously haunting

I have a rather morbid obsession with death. Weird but true. Even more so of late thanks to an episode of Taboo about death and how different cultures view and deal with death. We have all lost someone special in our lives and if not we most certainly will. I remember seeing my first dead body. I honestly couldn’t do a thing but stand and stare. Grief, disbelief, fear, relief that she had battled her last battle and it was now over, societies influence; I don’t know how to explain my reaction but I just stood frozen… Staring…

Anyway I came across these amazing portraits on one of my favorite blogs Pandora. I find these images so gorgeously haunting. I just can’t stop staring at them. 

What makes it even better was finding out this tidbit of informing information when I Wikipediaed his butt,
“Mr. Henry Peach Robinson best known for his pioneering combination printing - joining multiple negatives to form a single image, the precursor to photomontage.

Thank you Mr. Henry Henry Pants for your amazing contribution to photography!

Photobucket
Henry Peach Robinson, Fading away (1858).

Photobucket
Henry Peach Robinson, The Lady of Shalott (1861).

No comments: