Tuesday, March 23, 2010

something out of a Jilly novel...

This weekend was one of the loveliest I have had in such a long time. It started with the usual Saturday morning shop. I put the finishing touches to my moms present, framed and wrapped it. Sunday, Mel & I went for our lesson. When I got back home I went to wish my moms and give her her gift (which she loved and I will post tomorrow). Then I got baking and roasting for the picnic at the POLO on Monday.
We all met at our house and went from there to the Ingwenya Country Estate. I got the wrong directions and we got so lost but what a pretty place to get lost in.



Yes! here we are at the polo - finally. We ate fabulous food and drank champaign and watched these amazing horses and horsemen do there thing and it was the coolest thing I have ever seen. I am so gonna make it my life mission to learn this game. It's so fast and the horses get so excited, like a dog after a ball, no lies. amazo!

Mel & Sunny looking like they belonged!
The pretty clouds!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

What a glam life you polo players lead! Sounds like you had a lovely time, the sky is uber blue. x

Lady Times said...

It was so much fun. Has been a dream of mine ever since i read "POLO" by Jilly Cooper for the first time. I was still in high school and horse mad! It was fabulous to see it with my own eyes.

The clouds were amazing. I think the sky is so blue because the sun was directly behind them. No editing, pinky swear.