Friday, December 4, 2009

WORD

WORD to Friday! YAY!

Today's "WORD" shall be:

ve⋅he⋅mence [vee-uh-muhns]
–noun
1. the quality of being vehement; ardor; fervor.
2. vigorous impetuosity; fury: the vehemence of his attack.

Also, ve⋅he⋅men⋅cy.

Origin: 1520–30; < style="FONT-VARIANT: small-caps" href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vehement&db=luna">vehement, -ence
Synonyms:1. eagerness, verve, zeal, enthusiasm, fervency. 2. passion.
Antonyms:1, 2. apathy.

ve·he·ment ('ə-mənt)
adj.
1. Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid: a vehement denial. See Synonyms at intense.
2. Marked by or full of vigor or energy; strong: a vehement storm.

I read "vehemence" this morning in the book I am currently re-reading, "Bad Behaviour" by Sheila O'Flanagan. I liked it and didn't quite know what it meant.

The photo is one Gary's selfportraits. Thanks Nu!

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone. Have a super weekend. I know I will, it's Gaz & Mel's birthday surprise tomorrow! ooooo. Tune in on Monday for that post.

Peace!


5 comments:

Mr Potta said...

Dang, I take a lot of self portraits!!!
Tomorrow is tomorrow, Dun Dun Dun!!!
XxX

Lady Times said...

DUN DUN NANA NANAAAAAA!
EEEEHEHEHEHE!

Lauren said...

That's a wicked pic!

Lady Times said...

he is so uber talented.

Mr Potta said...

*BLUSHES* No uber!!!
I just try!!
Thanks ya'll!!
Peace