Friday, September 18, 2009

WORD

WORD to your mother and your father and your sister and your brother!

In honor of my birthday this weeks WORD shall be "jamboree"

jam⋅boree
–noun
1. a carousal; any noisy merrymaking.
2. a large gathering, as of a political party or the teams of a sporting league, often including a program of speeches and entertainment.
3. a large gathering of members of the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts, usually nationwide or international in scope (distinguished from camporee ).
Origin: 1860–65, Americanism; appar. b. jabber and shivaree, with m from jam 1 crowd

I love this word aaaaa lot! I first discovered it when I was designing invites for Gaz's 21st and was looking for another word for party.



"summer jamboree, Senigallia"
I found this photo on Flickr.
Love the dance.
Happy flippen Friday. Have a fab weekend!
LT
x

2 comments:

Sid said...

Happy birthday.

Lady Times said...

eishala, thanks! I love presents!