Friday, August 21, 2009

WORD

I am starting a weekly section, dedicated to the beauty of words. I am always hearing or reading words that are beautiful but I have no idea of their meaning. So in a bid to understand, I shall post a weekly word with a definition & a totally sweet picture of the search result after typing it into a search engine. Yes. I like this idea a lot.

First word shall be:

am⋅biv⋅a⋅lence

Use ambivalent in a Sentence –noun
1. uncertainty or fluctuation, esp. when caused by inability to make a choice or by a simultaneous desire to say or do two opposite or conflicting things.
2. Psychology. the coexistence within an individual of positive and negative feelings toward the same person, object, or action, simultaneously drawing him or her in opposite directions.



This drawing is called "Ambivalence-corquis" by an artist called "russ-artiste" on deviantART. He is a graphic painter. I love this piece. I am a huge fan of manga and animie. This piece puts vision to the word for today, don't you think?
The way she's suspended between black and white, night and day, neither here nor there. AWESOME!

Flipping hell I love art & words!

No comments: